• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HLM spears needed...

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Found these in my chrome box
Who needs them?

Bruce

Attachments

• LeMans.jpg
    LeMans.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 30

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I do for my HLM project-and I will see if I can make some replica ones from these.
Thank you, Eric

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
Found these in my chrome box
Who needs them?

Bruce

Both my Le Mans scripts were trashed by my welder when my sills and lower wings were welded last year. No particular blame but they couldn't be taken out except in bits. I would be interested in some unbroken replacements of any quality - my car is not concours.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sad story. I still remember when the repros where offered everywhere since nobody had a need for them. Would be interesting to do another run by that company in UK mentioned earlier.

P.S. Back to the spears. Being now fortunate to have a loaned original I tried a first handmade prototype today. Still needs some tweaking, stainless welding and polishing but think it doesn't look that bad (top one):

IMG_20190302_172418.jpg

P.P.S. Hope that can start the 3D CAD data taking next week...

Last edited: