• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hillman Hustler

lemansvk

Donation Time
On ebay Aus at the moment is a rare Hillman Hustler (Hunter/Arrow based). An Australia only model, probably fewer than 800 of these were made in the early 1970s - this is one of about 4 surviving genuine cars known to the Hillman Hunter Yahoo group. It as a 'budget GT', featuring the twin carb alloy head motor but standard Hunter dash. These cars seldom hit the open market, usually changing hands privately. Ebay Number 140110860509

Cheers, Vic

Wombat

Donation Time
... and even the standard base model rubber mats on the floor. Apparently though, because it wasn't called a GT (ilke the previous model) it was cheaper to insure even though it had the same engine.

alpine_64

Donation Time
i HAD A LOOK AT THAT ON E(ON EBAY) WHEN THEY POSTED IT A COUPLE OF DAYS BACK, WOULD BE A FAIR AMOUNT OF WORK TO GET IT SORTED, BUT COULD BE SOME FUN. GIVEN THE ALLOY HEAD MOTOR IS MISSING WOULD BE A GOOD CHANCE TO THROW A GLS ENGINE IN.. IF ONLY YOU COULD GET THEM!

lemansvk

Donation Time
Michael,

That last one is a fake, it's actually a Royal 660 which is much more common and nowhere near as collectable - the two can be distinguished by the body/chassis numbers. John McRae, Hunter fan from Sth Aus has details on his web pages.

http://members.bordernet.com.au/~vk5po/Hunters/Hunter info.htm

The home page, with lots of other Hunter info, is http://members.bordernet.com.au/~vk5po/Hunters/index.htm

John was looking for a Hustler for at least 4 years before one turned up by chance. The Hustler's rarity is what makes it collectable - the Royal 660 actually cost more when new and was better equipped (eg walnut dash and full instruments) - but no-one fakes them.

Cheers, Vic

lemansvk

Donation Time
Forgot to add; you could buy both and install the alloy head motor in the Hustler - wouldn't have matching numbers but most people wouldn't care. :)

Cheers, Vic

H

Humber Sceptre MK3

hillman 660 "hustler"

I dont think that the car is an original Hustler, given the paint job, the bonnet emblem etc etc... but will see what the chassis # is...

I reckon it is a hustler look-a-like using a 660 royal.

John

lemansvk

Donation Time
Gee John, you're turning up everywhere mate :) First the Hillman list, now here :) I'll send you an invitation to join the Yahoo Humber group OK?

I'm pretty sure that second car is a fake, it was advertised elsewhere and they said as much, and it's an auto.

Cheers, Vic