• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hi, from England!

Tiimch

Donation Time
Hello there, fellow Alpiners! A friend in the club over here in Brit, advised me to log onto your web forum. So here I am. I'm probably too late to take advantage of your technical expertise and advice, as I have just spent 8 years worth of 'spare time' rebuilding my pride and joy! A '67 ser V. Plays a Holbay tune through stanless steel pipe, and I rest my bum on real leather!! Mmmm!

We made it to Cannes, France, for the Alpine Owners Club 50th Birthday party. 1300 mile (ish) from my house, and back with only 3 small teething problems, that were easily sorted at the roadside. Quite an achievement, as it was my first major car rebuild.

Now I'm just waiting for a glimpse of sun, so I can take her out and show her off. Although we are going to Le Mans to stretch legs again, in the summer.

Looking forward to reading your news and interacting??? Tim

mikephillips

Donation Time
Welcome.

And there is no such thing as too late since even if you're not asking rebuild questions you may see other things you want to try, or questions you can answer for someone else. Or just share common experiences.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome, I live in Texas but an originally from Nottingham not to far from you. I have found this is a great place to communicate with other Sunbeam owners and made some very good friends over the years.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Welcome from another ex-Limey, this time from Whalley, nr. Blackburn. You must be close to the Aston Martin works in Newport Pagnell. I remember when there was no speed limit outside of the 30mph in built-up areas, and Aston used to use the M1 Motorway, Britain's first "freeway," which went past their works, to road test their cars. It wasn't unusual when, trundling along at 85-90 to be warned by lights flashing in your mirror, and a DB5 to whoosh! past at 130 or more.

Then the government appointed a new Minister of Transport, Barbara Castle, who boasted that she herself had no license and did not drive, who introduced the "temporary" 70mph limit, which is, of course, still there half a century later. I remember the government newspaper adverts: "Let's give it a fair trial." Sure.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Nick, The last Aston Martin to be built at Newport Pagnell came off the assembly line on 19 July 2007. Only the servicing and restoration facilities remain there. Tony.

Tiimch

Donation Time
AAhhh! Mr Tony Perrett, THE very Gent who recommended I sign on here!!

Yes Tony, it's Tim from Heyford! And Yes I really did make the Cannes trip and back, with my father in tow, (to help with the fuel and hotel bills, but don't let on;) and the car still looks good for it!!

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, Tim, Good to see that you have signed up to the SAOCA website. Maybe you could post some pics of your car's interior to show the Yanks the superb white leather trim. Best Wishes, Tony.

Tiimch

Donation Time
pics of my car

Tony,

I have beaten you to it! I downloaded (uploaded?) some pics the day I registered!

They are in the Series V part of the Gallery. With the Title Tim C's Alfie. (Well, you gotta give an old car a name, now, Haven't you!!??) Ha!

Don't confuse my car with Macem's equally beautiful, though stock interior, car that also looks like Commodore Blue!! Which my pics follow

enjoy!

Tim