• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater outlet rubber elbows

Hoghead

Silver Level Sponsor
Is there a source for the rubber elbows at the heater outlet, or a number for a rad hose than can be cut to suit. IIRC the elbow is hose ID x hose OD?????

One source for the corrugated paper hose is an old Beetle - 38mm ID

Last edited:

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't know about where to find an exact substitute, but the I.D. is 1 1/2", and the rubber is about 1/8" thick. Maybe a friendly guy at the local parts store will let you peruse some radiator hoses?

Attachments

• Elbow.JPG
    Elbow.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
On my series V, you only need 1 rubber elbow. The second connection does not have a rubber elbow. I only had one rubber elbow and I assumed the second elbow was missing. It took me a bit to realize my setup was correct...

I am thinking what you refer to as "corrugated paper hoses" are the defroster hoses. I bought defroster hoses from Rick at Sunbeam Specialties a few years ago. His 2021 catalog shows them as back ordered. Have you checked with him?

Mike

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Here's some under dash images of B9470580, perhaps the most original Mk.1 Tiger yet discovered. You can see the factory setup for the demister hoses.

Attachments

• IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2237-2.jpg
    IMG_2237-2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 43

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here's some under dash images of B9470580, perhaps the most original Mk.1 Tiger yet discovered. You can see the factory setup for the demister hoses.

I think that Tiger may be missing the clip on the rubber elbow to hose connection.

upload_2022-6-28_9-7-29.png
Mike

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
My series V setup is the same as the picture Paul354 posted. Interesting that the Parts Manual shows the clip at the elbow to demister hose joint, not the elbow to heater box.

Mike