• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heater Blower

alpine_64

Donation Time
That seller says its a single speed blower, IIRC the S3 on had 2 speed blowers? Not that it makes that big a difference, there is puff and wheeze settings

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
It doesn't matter Pos or Neg ground. The fan runs the same direction regardless. I have verified this with a test.

And all that is required for two speed operation is the big green resistor and a three position switch ( ON, ON, and OFF).That's how all Apline two speed blowers work.

Tom

rnimares

Donation Time
Heater Cable

Just bought heater motor and started to install in Series lV when I realized that the heater cable wire was broken at the leaver (has spring type clamp) does anyone know if it can be replace or how to attach a new wire?

Help!

Rick

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Is this the cable you're talking about? If so, call a motorcycle shop and ask if they make custom cables. I had one make up a cable a long time ago. They had the wire and a tool that curled the cable end in a nice little circle. Just provide the cable housing and show them the broken pieces for the length. Jeff

rnimares

Donation Time
Heater cable

HI Jmthehermit: Thanks for the info. That is the cable that I'm looking for.
I'll check out a Motorcyle shop and see if they can supply.;

Thanks

Rick

howard

Donation Time
I went to a discount store and bought bicycle brake cable. Took the inside wire out and used a Dremel cut-off wheel to make the sheath the proper length... then re-inserted the inside wire and cut it to the right length. There was no difference in wire strengths/diameters.