• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Has anyone seen this car around?

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Sorry for no pics but by now it could be any color etc. I used to have a track only Series 5, gutted/no lights/dash etc, with a race prepped 1600 in it, locked diff, steel front wheel flares, lowered and a fairly good 5 point (I think, maybe 6...)hoop/bar, hood had hood pins. It was still a runner when I sold it (and delivered it, another story) to a guy in New Hampshire around 1997. It was a pretty tired faded red and it had the old 5 slot aluminum mags as track rims and it was on a set of the narrow spoke Empi looking alloys for trailering etc (sort of a thinner spoked Minilite). Can't think of much else to describe short of supplying pics but it's been a lot of years ago and I'm curious if it ever surfaced anywhere.

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Negative, it wasn't titled being strictly a track car. I thought it was a '67 but now I'm not even sure of that. Now I'm feeling pretty lame for not at least keeping something on record that had the VIN. Good point.....

Just reviewed some old pics of it. There's an engine bay shot and the chassis plate is partly visible but had been painted over with the rest of the engine bay.....I really need to get a scanner.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Isn't that an old S5 that David Kellogg has? I haven't seen it but I know he has one that came out of Arizona I believe.

Steve Silverstein

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
So you think David Kellogg still has it then.....I had forgotten his name. Maybe he's giving it a good restore then?

I went out and got a scanner, this is what it looked like some 10 yrs ago:

sunbeamracecarrfer4.jpg

sunbeamracecarrrhg8.jpg

sunbeamracecarenginebayjd4.jpg