• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop Parts

fred1725

Donation Time
Needed,
I need the two clips that attach to the rear bottom
of the Ser V hardtop that secures the hardtop to the trunk hinges.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fred

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
parts

the pins really serve no purpose rather than to line the top up and keep it in place while you fasten it down. the top is held to the car by the windshield clips and the clips at the B post. I have seen many cars that the pins barely set in the trunk hinges and on some they don't even set in the hinges. if you have the four clips and not the pins I wouldn't worry about it.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Just an FYI regarding fitment of factory hardtops...Occasionally I have found that misalignment of the pins was a result of the fixtures incorrectly installed. They are not the same...there is a right and a left. Sometimes the top has only two right sides or two left sides and you'll never make the top fit correctly and double the trouble if the left and right sides are switched. There is a lot of fiddling around to make a factory hardtop fit properly. Ask me how I know.

65beam

Donation Time
parts

the biggest problem with most late factory hardtops is that they have been repaired incorrectly. the side rails under the windows and the back corners are prone to rust. over the years the drain holes in the corners got plugged or were covered with plastic. this made them rust even worse. there have been no good repair panels for a long time. most repair shops have no clue how the shell should be so they don't fit when repaired. I gave 1K for a top that looked good a few years back only to find it didn't fit. the shop working on my car spent several weeks trying to repair what was not done right. it fits now but notquite the way it should.