• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
It would be interesting to know the best way to get those stupid little steel roll pins out. I would bet that they rust themselves in there and the only way to get them out would be to soak them in a rust remover like a Evaporust and then possibly drive out the roll pin.
all the ones I've messed with are a rust welded mess and don't want to come apart.
Pressing them out is the best bet. It’s controlled, directed, and the part can be fully supported. You can’t easily drill out the pin because it’s hardened spring steel. But, as I say, there’s no need to remove the handle from the shaft to make a mold from it.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Do you think the the cast in bonnet would be able to be reproduced as original or would it be a vinyl cling like the heater markings.
I think it would be fairly easy to reproduce the cast-in lettering. I’d probably leave the painting of the inset letters to whomever buys the handle… it’s too labor intensive and would make the handle too costly.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
OK, so having done the work to document these buttons, I may as well leave this here for posterity. Thanks for all the feedback, guys, and I'm glad to know there's a supply. As to the bonnet handle, I'm gonna think on that one.

1713846604024.png

1713846636866.png