• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Girl in need of a helping hand

Steelerfan

Donation Time
Are there any backyard mechanics out there in the Cranberry Twp, PA area who can help me fix a problem with my 1967 Alpine Series V? The driver's side door will not open, either from the inside or the outside. The door still locks when you push the inside handle all the way down, and unlocks when you pull it up. I had to climb in the car over the passenger seat and out the same way....not very ladylike and definitely not easy to do for this 68-year-old grandma. If you can help, the Primanti sandwiches and first pitcher of beer are on me.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Diane

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bet yo get some takes on the sandwiches,

In the mean time I;ll see who I can find to help,

DanR

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
When that happened to our Alpine, the door had sagged so much it jammed the door striker. Try lifting (hard) on the door as you try to unlatch it.

Your offer is enticing and my wife would certainly enjoy the beer, but we're a bit far from you.

Bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm in Washington state and the sandwich offer has me looking at air fares.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a little commentary .......

I've been in contact with Diane for the past few months and actually suggested to her that she make a post looking for a helping hand. She kinda 'brokered' a deal for a parts car I bought in September and I've been offering her advice and tech tips on her Series V.

She dropped a lot of coin into her car in the few months she's owned it. There's a 'Brit shop locally that has been doing her repairs but I suspect he's being taken a bit advantage of, maybe 'cause of being a noob to the marque and a woman. She just got her car back and within an hour she couldn't get her door to open with inner or outer door handles. Problem seems internal based on our discussion yesterday, prolly a latch.

I would give her a hand but I'm just under 4 hours away and figger there has to be someone in the Greater Pittsburgh area who could. You just can't ask for a nicer girl! She absolutely loves her Alpine and is committed to getting it fully sorted. However, she lacks the tools, facilities and any automotive experience to make her own repairs. This car is her retirement reward to herself.

I now consider her a friend, and I'll consider any offer to assist my friend a personal favor. That said I'll gladly reward this favor as I can.

Regards, Mark ..... volvoguys

Last edited: