• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gearbox Issues?

mint 61

Donation Time
Engines running fine, yes the rpms spun up during power loss. Definitely something from the flywheel back.

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
What makes the most sense to me is that:
The problem occurred after replacing clutch bits and did not work properly after a short period time of working properly after the repair. This - I’m sure is obvious to all- that something was amiss in the initial repair -just before that short period of time when all was working properly. When it was taken apart and put back together the second time whatever error went by unnoticed the first time was consciously ( the bold) or unconsciously corrected in the second time around. This happens to me all the time. I am frustrated only when I cannot be certain what I did differently the second or third time through the same process.
Lesson appreciated for me: slow and methodical is the best way to proceed and even when errors are made there is a lot to learn.