• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gas saver

Jim E

Donation Time
Yeah I had put the jack just off the spot it was supose to go and it was not on the little nub, plus my drive is gravel. Did not damage the van but I was ready to beat it with a stick

Jim E

Donation Time
May be I always thought it was Ruby, but you know how the what you think a song is and the actual words deal

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
May be I always thought it was Ruby, but you know how the what you think a song is and the actual words deal

Pogo: "Way on dapon de Swanee rover, far, far fa way, days worm me heart is turning over, stairway keyhole floats day"

Bill

Jim E

Donation Time
The Honda fired! just need to fix the electric fan and drive it to see what else is wrong, if anything.... just in time with gas at $3.60... put twenty bucks in the 77 Nova last night and it barely moved the needle... man-o-man

Oh and noticed the Honda has a full tank!!!! vintage cheap gas in there

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Speaking of gas savers, I think I could use one to replace the Alpine.

Used way over a half a tank driving to the Southern Ohio Chapter get together, about 130 miles round trip. The confounding part is it sometimes leans out. Guess I'll try playing with ignition timing as it never "pings".

Bill

Jim E

Donation Time
Took the last couple days off rental house fix up and worked on the Honda. Something about seeing the price of gas made me get back to the car. Really only had a couple things to do on it, front brake pads and a broken arm on the rear torsion bar. The torsion bar thing had me stumped, but in the end I took the backing plate off that side grond the rust off the broke piece cranked the welder up on BIG and blazed away, it will hold or not. The other issue with this car is the SC DMV.... thier logic is interesting.... ok so back ground, the Honda is a 1985 and last taged in NH, which is a no title state for a car this old. So go to the DMV to get the title work done and find out the car has to be inspected to verify the VIN, but I cannot drive it due to no plate, but I can get a temp tag but cannot do the title.... then they tell me if I transfer a tag from another car I do not have to do the inspection... Paid five bucks got the temp tag and left with my head spinning. I still cannot figure the logic on the VIN inspection or no inspection with the transfer of a plate deal.

Anway drove the Honda home yestarday and took it out for a run to see if anything would fall off , boil over or what ever. car did well other than a slight idle problem which is pretty common with these nightmare carb'ed Hondas. Need to give it the once over and see that all the hoses are on and the throttle cable is not sticking. I have two more intakes with carbs and all the little gizmos so with luck and I find something bad can swap it out.

Here is a picture of the car, looks really small but is pretty roomy inside, now if it were just white it could be Vader's Imperial shuttle.

Attachments

• IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 12

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Florida does the same thing with title transfers from out of state. I bought a '63 T-bird in Alabama a few years back and had to have the VIN verified by the tag office or an law enforcement officer.