• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

gas pedal SIV

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Is anyone making a new gas pedal for the Series IV? The bottom rubber is disintegrated on mine, so I am in need. If there are no new ones available, does anyone have one they could part with?

Thanks

Sam

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I believe only the RHD ones are available currently, but I encourage you to contact the usual suppliers - maybe they have availability on one now.

The usual fix, albeit not ideal, is to affix a small piano hinge on the bottom of the broken pedal... it works, but it's not original.

65beam

Donation Time
gas pedal

sunbeam specialties, part # GT57, cost : 29.95 in the 2008 catalog. i bought them for the series 4 & 5 and they have a hinge instead of just the rubber. they don't break !

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It would be worth a call to Rick to be sure, but the way I read this, it is only for RHD Tigers, but fits all S3-V Alpines.

65beam

Donation Time
gas pedal

they work ok on my alpines. it does say for series 3,4 & 5. did you ever notice the gas pedal on a LHD tiger? they're not like the alpine pedals. i have never seen a RHD tiger so i can't say what they used.

bobw

Donation Time
I bought the GT57, not noticing the RHD only. I installed it in my Series V and it seems to be working OK. I might have bent the rod a little, I don't remember.

Bob W.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ahh.. yes, you're probably correct. The LHD Tigers use a suspended pedal, whereas the RHD Tigers use the organ-style pedal.

20080925-1qugb97bqfb6wehg75qqxgtm97.jpg