• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Furflex door seal

Nickodell

Donation Time
I have 9 feet of trim left over from a job on Matilda. It is the black Furflex/rubber door seal with the aluminum core that goes down the A-post and under the dash on each side, and the rear of the door opening where the metal lip meets the interior trim (some people also install it at the junction of the rocker panel sill).

It is in one length of 7.5 ft and one of 1.5 ft. This is approximately half of the length I paid VB $87 for last year (their part #9-5050). Offers?

Nickodell

Donation Time
UH .... thanks guys for telling me I paid too much or could have bought it from somewhere else. However, the idea of posting this was to see if anyone wanted to buy the remaining half.

alpine_64

Donation Time
UH .... thanks guys for telling me I paid too much or could have bought it from somewhere else. However, the idea of posting this was to see if anyone wanted to buy the remaining half.

Oh no.. i hope you are not upset at this going away from the intent of the topic.. gee you guys.. naughty naughty...

heres some Famous Last Words

"live and learn"

"how ironic"

Nickodell

Donation Time
Always nice to hear from you, Michael. Such big words, too; some of them more than one syllable! I guess repeating 3rd Grade paid off. Next year, maybe you'll get stuck into punctuation and odd things like I instead of i.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Always nice to hear from you, Michael. Such big words, too; some of them more than one syllable! I guess repeating 3rd Grade paid off. Next year, maybe you'll get stuck into punctuation and odd things like I instead of i.

Nick, I was so worried, normally you are on top of grammatical errors and other mistakes so quickly. It had been a few days since my horribly inappropriate use of 'i" instead of "I", I don't know how the world kept turning. Momentarily I figured the delay possibly meant you were no longer above ground…... :eek:

Nickodell

Donation Time
Sorry to tell you, very much so. In fact I just passed my 3C medical to renew my pilot's license. Doc said that with my blood pressure - 130/70 - I should live to 90. Sorry to ruin your day.

Hey, I just got an email from my wife's nephew in Western Australia. Said he'd seen a picture of you in the paper in a typical pose:

head_up_ass2.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sorry to tell you, very much so. In fact I just passed my 3C medical to renew my pilot's license. Doc said that with my blood pressure - 130/70 - I should live to 90. Sorry to ruin your day.

Hey, I just got an email from my wife's nephew in Western Australia. Said he'd seen a picture of you in the paper in a typical pose:

head_up_ass2.jpg

Nick, as per usual you have all this pretence of high brow… in fact are just juvenile, the funny thing is.. I don’t mind winding you up, its all amusing, you humiliate yourself with your desperately lonely needy posts all the time. I think the image is quite funny, glad you posted it.. if it was actually me, you know exactly where you could put your lips ;) ..

The best part of all this is you constantly railroad people topics with your mindless rubbish, yet if people post off topic in yours you get so upset. Do you even know what irony is? Have you got ANY friends, or has this non stop form of verbal and written diarrhoea isolated you from all but the internet?

Anyway, I’m heading off to a nice dinner, might even take the new Tiger.. or the Alpine.. or another car, see, unlike you.. my life is about friends and success, not lonely re-living of memories nobody cares about.. or whining about the cost of things like sun-visors because you are to tight to buy them.. or just want to get “your†voice out there. Have a great time Nick.. please keep posting as often as you do.. please have all the pretension of intelligence that you attempt, yet dismally fail to display.

Enjoy your life.. what little of the one you seem to have :rolleyes:

finally

Donation Time
furflex

Nick - Let's chat about the left overs. I was just getting ready to order some, haven't measured how much I need to finish off boht doors. Plus maybe we'll take that ride in Matilda you offered and a beer.

Jared

Nickodell

Donation Time
Nick - Let's chat about the left overs. I was just getting ready to order some, haven't measured how much I need to finish off both doors. Plus maybe we'll take that ride in Matilda you offered and a beer.
Jared

Hi, Jared. The offer is still open (ride and beer). Help me in this "lonely life of mine with no friends" :D It would be good to have another 'pine driver compare rides. Just give be a buzz the day before as I might be out on my annual trip out of the house :D :D

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Now that the shooting has stopped

For function and price, not total originality, late model Hyundai Excel's used a seal that fits most furflex cars. It is not furry but the fitting arrangement is very similar. You can often source it at a junk yard for little money.

Back to my foxhole now...

burgy711

Donation Time
I suppose now that Michael owns a Tiger this will be one of those stupid Tiger vs. Alpine feuds........