• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Funny License Plates + Funny Car Memes

mikephillips

Donation Time
Followed a high end Caddie up I71 one day, plate was UENVYME, another day saw a Porsche, IMRICH. Didn't really care either way.. And just last week another Porsche driven by a blonde with, FROMRICK.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Pennsylvania is full of Puritans or the sexually-repressed at the DOT. They issued RCHBTCH a few years ago and then someone realized the connotation and demanded the owner (a good-looking blonde) remove it from her Mercedes and return it to the Department or be fined. It made an interesting newspaper story on a dull news day.

However, the most famous case was the plate HOOKER that they issued and then demanded its return. The owner took the DOT to court, showing not only that his last name was Hooker, but that he was also a direct descendant of Civil War Union hero Gen. Hooker. He won.

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
" ...he was also a direct descendant of Civil War Union hero Gen. Hooker"

Ah yes, the general that gave his name to "Hookers girls".

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Several years ago a friend decided to let people know his Tiger wasn't made in the U.S., hence: 4NCAT.

I guess he didn't take the car out much 'cause no one ever complained to the state for the two years he had the plate.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Several years ago a friend decided to let people know his Tiger wasn't made in the U.S., hence: 4NCAT.

I guess he didn't take the car out much 'cause no one ever complained to the state for the two years he had the plate.

I wonder how far he would have got with 4NIC8. I've often been tempted to see if I could slip this one past the DOT.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Years ago I knew a guy with a Jag XJS with the plate 4MYEGO. I once heard of one on a Corvette (lady driver) "WAS HIS".

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
I had boss once that looked up in his rearview mirror to see a hot blonde driving a car with the license plate 3M TA3.

Not as provocative, but I remember pulling up to a stoplight where there were 2 Mercedes SLs sitting side by side. One license read MR BRWN and the other MRS BRWN.

markp

Donation Time
I'm Guilty. Had not one plate but two of them.

In the mid-late 70's I owned a 66 Alpine w/a Capri V6 and 66 Tiger. The Tiger had LAT flares, chrome roll bar and was painted pearl white with flames. I obtained personalized plates for both cars, the Alpine was RELHOT1 and the Tiger was HOTIGER. I would occasionally interchange them on the Tiger. I no longer have either car but it was fun while it lasted. Now have 64 Alpine V8.
Mark P

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Funny license plates

Saw one one on a lowrider PAN 8, being driven by a Latino. Couldn't figure out what that meant......PAN is a Spanish word for bread and I didn't get the message " Bread Eight " and thought the guy was connected to a bakery or something. A Latino friend explained that the plate actually was to read PANOCHO, ocho being the Spanish word for the number eight. With the two words connected, in Spanish panocho means the street slang word for a woman's vaginal area sometimes referred to as the same name for a cat. We have a large Hispanic population and many of them work at the state motor vehicle department. All personalized plates are allegedly screened by several people for derogatory or obscenity meanings before being issued. Somebody snuck this one through apparently.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
I see now (at least the mirror image).

Yes you have to see it reversed to get it :D

In fact I held my cellphone near the computer screen so I could make sure I got the reflection right!

For those who don't want to bother with a mirror. 3M TA3 becomes EAT ME!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I saw a post on another site that showed a tag to foil red light cameras.

It was 11I1III1 or something similar and another that was OQO0QO0.

I was behind a Mustang the other day with the tag U LUZ.