• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel Tank Sending Unit

B

Bill Harben

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am having a problem with my SIV fuel gage. Substituting a rheostat in place of the sending unit, the gas gauge read from Full to empty, no problem. It looks like my float in the gas tank is either stuck in place or sunk(filled with fuel)

So here is my question: Do I have to remove the gas tank in order to remove the sending unit out of the tank?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Harben
Auburn CA

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Hi Bill, first of all welcome! Now the fun begins. If you're young and or flexible anything is possible. Has your car been stored for a long period of time or has it just been driven occasionally? If so, the float arm just might be stuck. I would suggest looking in the stock Alpine section and click on Series IV fuel tank removal and read the saga of fuel tanks and sending units. If you have any other questions, come back on your original thread. cheers, Jeff