• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel sending unit gasket

67Survivor

Donation Time
Has anyone tried to replace the fuel sending unit gasket without removing the fuel tanks? I couldn't find my replacement when I installed the fuel tanks, so I reused the original and now it is leaking when the tank is full and I drive like an idiot. Driving like an idiot won't stop, so either I have to get the ring on tighter to seal the existing one better, or replace it... and I really don't want to remove the tanks again. The car is a series V Thanks guys.
Rob

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Easy way is to take of the trunk lid spring on that side and then there is room to get to the sending unit. Moss Motors sells a nice rubber gasket for the sending unit......Eric

67Survivor

Donation Time
Thanks Eric. I was looking at pulling the spring to attempt it, but thought someone else may be able to tell me if it's a waste of time. Thank you.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
PS-easy way to take off the spring. Have a helper hold trunk lid open and take off the trunk support folding arm's two bolts on the driver's side of the trunk lid. Hang onto it as the spring puts tension on it. Then let it rotate until the spring tension stops and the spring will fall off.