• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel Line

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am coming to the tail end of cleaning/sealing my fuel tanks and replacing the fuel line. I ran the new fuel line (nylon and stainless steel amour) along the same pathway as the old line but added some rubber/metal insulated clamps to secure the line better. When I got to the chassis centre piece I threaded it through under the drive shaft but the new fuel line doesn’t flat (probably because of the added amour sheafing). I am concerned the fuel line is too close to the drive shaft. What do you think?

I have attached pictures. I was thinking of using a rubber/metal insulated clamp around the fuel line and attaching a wire down to the exhaust hanger which would pull it down flat towards the brake line (see pictures). Not pretty but will work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

20240108_142222.jpgimage_67533825.JPG

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Suggest you seriously consider Mike's suggestion. I too, run similar to Mike's on my V6.

Stay away from moving parts and Heat at all times.

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you both very much, glad I asked. Looks like my fuel line is on the wrong side based on what you are showing. Tomorrow is a snow day anyway so good day to fix it. I understand what I need to do and appreciate the advice guys.

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
As an update, I corrected the issue and will post pictures in my gallery. Easier than I thought routing through the frame. Again, many thanks.

Attachments

• 20240109_140313.jpg
    20240109_140313.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31