• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ford V6 rocker covers

jrcast

Donation Time
Hi all, this is John, the one making your covers. Many thanks to Dan for organising the buy and everyone who bought.
I'm now on an island in the Caribbean with your money :) only joking.
The covers are nearly done and I'll put up some photos tomorrow of them being made for anyone interested.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great to hear fron you Hope you are enjoying the Caribbean with our money:mad:

Joking just like you!

That is good news on the Covers.

Posting PICs would also be Great! Let the ones that don't have them drool all over themselves;)

jrcast

Donation Time
Hi all, sorry for the late reply, I've either been home too late of left the camera behind in work.
I'm delayed a bit at the moment, the guy making the oil filler necks for these has a problem with his cnc machine but he has it sorted and my necks are to arrive next week, sorry about this but he's my only supplier and they're the only part of the covers out of my control.
They are all finished and as soon as the necks arrive they'll be on the way.

jrcast

Donation Time
For anyone interested, here's how they were made.
I start with a blank pattern for the cologne, this is bigger than the finished cover as the aluminium shrinks as it cools.

Plastic letters are stuck on to give the finished lettering.

It's placed in a flask and covered in talc to release it from the finished mould.

Covered in sand and the sand gets rammed in until the flask is full.

Last edited:

jrcast

Donation Time
Turn over and do the same again.

Flask is split and the pattern removed leaving a cavity to be filled with molten aluminium.

Some covers after pouring.

That's the easy bit done.
This is a cover test fitted to a head after drilling the holes.

jrcast

Donation Time
Now one after sandblasting and the top sanded.

Covers all painted fully then the top will be sanded again so the metal comes through.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
JrCast our New Member Is Doing A Great Job.

John, Nice work ! It is great to be able to see how Our Valve Covers are made.

Those Cologne V6 are DanR's and SIVAllan (Allan Ballard's)

ALPINE V6 is Alpine 1789 (Jim Stone's)

SUNBEAM V6 is Hillman's (Alex McGregor's)

DARKSIDE is none other than dmich (Dennis's)

SUNBEAM((Not shown)) is conanhomer (Mike Broadley's)

All you guys that did not participate with this buy can eat your hearts out;)

Just kidding.

JrCast (John Redmond, the maker and seller of these fine covers is open for business.

John we are looking forward to getting them on our engines and showing them off.

Thanks again!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Group buy on covers?

Hillman, None of us have the covers yet!

Just sent a follow-up to the Seller, John Redmon asking the status.

Info'd each buyer with a Blind copy of the E-mail I sent.

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Update on covers

John Redmond said they are to be finish today and shipped Monday.... Sounds good!

All of the covers are to be shipped to Dennis except for Hillman's.... His are shipped direct to him.

Dennis will ship to us individually and as agreed upon previously.

He will notify each of us what the shipping cost is for each of us from His location in North Carolina to our address.

I will keep you all posted of any changes. I suppose Dennis will be letting us know what we will owe him for shipping soon and provide a method of payment.

Any further questions are welcome,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
V6 Valve Cover update!

Hi guys, Dennis just informed me he had received the covers and had put them in the mail to the respective party.

Here is E-mail copied:

Dennis, I appreciate this help very much.
Will send you payment but let me know if you want me to pay Allan's and he can reimburse me later.
Have you notified him (Allan) of the shipment yet?
Did you make contact with Jim?
I'll include everyone as "Cc's" in this E-mail for informational purposes.

DanR

P.S. Guys please let us know as you receive your Valve covers and what you have to say!

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Valve Covers for 2.8 V6 update

Hillman your covers were shipped direct to you from John Redmond as agreed.

Mike's were to go to his special address.

Jim's are on the way!!!

Allan's were to come to me for delivery when He sents word.

That leaves Dennis (dmich) the darkside one;). He's handling the special mailing from NC for us guys. We need to pay him promptly for the cost of mailing from NC to us.

How do yours look Dennis? Are you grinning yet? ARe they already on the car?

Please let us know as yours arrive.

Last edited:

dmich2

Donation Time
They look great. And no, they're not mounted yet. You guys are really lucky. I had a family matter come up and had to drive to Gettysburg, Pa today. The covers came yesterday morning, so I had time to look at mine, un pack yours, by the way, thanks John for individually wrapping them, and mail them. You made it possible for me to just write addresses and ship them.

Enjoy guys. Post pictures!!!!!!!

Dennis

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mine and Allan's arrived today!

Dennis, Got three sets today! Opened one of mine:D Sure a nice addition for the 2.8 V6 engine (have to wait to them on).

Took some PIC's... post later.

Sure was tempting to open Allan's;)

Any one else received theirs yet?

Last edited:

conanhomer

Donation Time
got mine!

my valve covers just arrived- well made and sharp lookin'. many thanks to the crew for setting this up-DanR, Dennis and the rest. big thanks to john Redmond.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I got back in town last night and had mine waiting for me! They look terrific. Now, if only I had the car ready to put them on. Soon, I hope.

My thanks to everyone who made this happen!