• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

For sale? Not sure what I have...

Shabazz

Donation Time
Engine has these numbers
H R 2
1980898 12-2-64

Transmission has these:
5DA 21055
27 /

I really can't make sense of it. My dad gave me the 62 sunbeam alpine along with this engine and transmission extra.

I need room and would like to get rid of these but don't want to recycle them if they have value to someone...

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Pictures will better help to ID (the block part# doesnt indicate the actual application which could have been any possible rootes engine application).

Your block would have to be an SIV though which is really no different than an SII.

Some of your trans numbers may not be right becuase there should also be a casting date on the main case too.

Again, a picture of each would make ID easy-peazy.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Transmission is an all-sync. Could be late SIV or SV.

Engine is a 1592, very likley from an SIV like the date indicates.

65beam

Donation Time
what

It should have the VIN number stamped on the flat spot on the block near the fuel pump. The number should start with a B. That would tell what car it was in originally.

Shabazz

Donation Time
So are these of any use to someone? I have a metal recycler nearby, but that seems sacrilegious!

I live in MN. I suppose shipping would be horrendous, but I'm willing to do what it takes to keep these in circulation if people have a use for them

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Engine and Transmission

Shabazz, please check for you private messages regarding the engine and transmission. I live in Minnesota and may be able to help.