• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

FloorPans

sd_pace

Donation Time
Well! :eek: I was preparing to cut the tunnel for the t-5 when I found some bad repair work on my floor pans... the front halfs of the floor are rusted under the sheet metal repairs... a lot worse than i can live with...
Is there a source for replacement pans of the forward half of the floors?
... the effected area from the flats in front of the seats to just below the steering column... and the foward flat to the crease on the pass side...
They both need all new metal...

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Pans

There are pans available ( maybe someone will chime in on this) I'd just make my own which we have done in the past.

sd_pace

Donation Time
Thanks Todd
Thats what I was thinking, was to just clean out the old nasty metal ... pop some new clean metal in there ... that looks really nice... I will see if he has the front half.

(say Hi to Ann)

coupe

Donation Time
Hey man, I got a panel roller from harbor freight and some sheet steel and made the front, rear, and rockers and lft qutr. pnl. Its just small rollers normally used as flangers and they make the depressions that look like stampings if you follow the pencil lines you draw on the steel as layout lines. just crank the handle and guide the steel on the lines. Real easy, the pix will show what I started with and how it turned out.
coupe

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 91
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 91

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Coupe, Do you have any part numbers for the roller you bought from Harbor Freight?

Could you send a PIC of the roller to me?

Thanks,

coupe

Donation Time
Sure will, I have to pull it out, maybe I can lay out some lines to show what to do. I had a project that required a thicker gauge of steel so I reinforced the unit with heavy plate, it will not look as purchased, but you won't need it that beefed up.
coupe

sd_pace

Donation Time
Hey Coupe, that looks great... I have not done much metal myself, but I am always up to try it... the rust goes up behinded the peddles all the way to the seam and dont know if I could get a panel with that on it ..... I think I have seen the pedestal roller there on one of my visits... as far as the steel, what is the gauge needed?

steve

coupe

Donation Time
I used the old roof from my 1972 f100, I cut it off and welded in a new one. The pix will show layout lines and the finished crimp, set the rolls for the thickness and the width is spaced abt. The metal thickness. Too deep and you will start to cut, to shallow and the stiffness will not be there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 56

coupe

Donation Time
The different mandrels for beading and one set for cutting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

coupe

Donation Time
The sku number is s34104 bead roller kit. Northern also has a kit.
Easy as pie just roll slowly and follow your lines make your turns slow and smooth then go straight down the other side. Move to the next set and be amazed how stiff the pnl. Gets!
Coupe

coupe

Donation Time
Apparently that isn't carried any more the number search results in nothing. So I would go to northern tool it looks a lot better in the machining and finish dept. I didn't need pretty just functionality.
Coupe

sd_pace

Donation Time
Thanks Coupe .... very impressive ... but it comes down to time v. cost.. the piece I need is about 150, and I dont have a lot of time to to make it.
steve