• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fitting rear seat belts

Ozzieblue66

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all , I have recently bought a 1965 Alpine and wanting to fit rear seatbelts so as my children feel / are safer in the back .I have bought inertia seat belts , the front already has static seat belts . Would anyone be able to advise on fitting these rear seat belts . Kind regards paul

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome to the Forum.

Clicking on the Search box at the top-right of any forum page and entering "seat belts" will result in a 10 page list of possibly relevant posts. I don't remember seeing any posts about seat belts for the jump seats, but I agree that they would be appropriate for children riding in the back.

Ozzieblue66

Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome to the Forum.

Clicking on the Search box at the top-right of any forum page and entering "seat belts" will result in a 10 page list of possibly relevant posts. I don't remember seeing any posts about seat belts for the jump seats, but I agree that they would be appropriate for children riding in the back.
Thanks

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I added rear lap belts to my car many years ago for my two boys. I drilled the rear floor of the shelf and added reinforcement plates on the back side of the shelf. There was nowhere safe to connect shoulder belts - anywhere you mounted them would be too low and would just crush the kid’s shoulder in the event of an accident.

I also have the somewhat rare Rootes rear seat cushions, supplied as new with my car.

Attachments

• 288.jpeg
    288.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 31

Ozzieblue66

Platinum Level Sponsor
Many thanks , I’m looking around for a garage to fit mine , but needed ideas to show them .so that’s great thanks .