• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

First Day Driving

AlpineII

Donation Time
Finally have my Series II on the road and have had my first full day of driving.:D Not pushed too hard, I have to break in the engine, but it felt good putting on 25 miles or so on some great country roads. :D Keeping it under 4k for now but the KB grind and the vizard mods have made it quite responsive. :D My jaw is hurting from all the smiling today! :D

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
That's great news. Nothing like a day with the top down behind the wheel of an Alpine:cool:

Tom j

S

Steve Kirk

Congratulations It is always a great feeling driving an Alpine for the first time after many hours of hard work.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Having fun but still have a few wrinkles to sort out. ;) Didn't take me long to getting down and adjusting the brake pedal!!! Man was that high position awkward to get at! I sure can't wait to get throught his breaking in period so I give her full throttle and let her rip!

1) Oil pressure at about 70 under throttle and about 40 on idle when warm. Temperature climbs fast to 170 or so until the thermostat opens up and then drops to a fairly constant running temp of about 140. Oil cooler maybe helping here. But I have a coolant leak. I have a Series I expansion tank and used an extra washer bottle and bracket for rad overflow (slurper) set-up. When the engine is hot, the overflow bottle fills fast and then bubbles over, spilling the coolant. Bad rad cap? I could hear it hissing!

2) Fuel guage reads full all the time. I have the proper guage for a Series II have converted to negative ground and installed an alternator. Do I just have a bad ground to the fuel sending unit? The guage reads full even when I disconnect the lead to the sensor.

3) New Spax adjustable front shocksare still too soft and need adjusting.

4) Soft top expert didn't know what the heck he was doing so I have to take it off and put it back on myself! :(

5) I had installed all LED 1157 and 1156 replacements but can't get a flasher to work with them due to the low resistance. I don't want to put a resistor on each light and was hoping an electronic flasher would do the trick but so far, I haven't found one that will get it going. So it's incandescent bulbs for now for brake, signal and running lights.