• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Finished 1967 Alpine bucket seats

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Stunning job, Jan! You got the covers amazingly smooth. The new rubber diaphragms are a bugger to put on, though… or do you have a trick?

I did the exact same job on mine a few years ago, same colours as well. I added heated panels to mine, though, as they help extend the top-down season a bit longer in spring and fall.

Attachments

• IMG_2534.jpeg
    IMG_2534.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2527.jpeg
    IMG_2527.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2582.jpeg
    IMG_2582.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
These seats were missing all of the factory, seat diaphragm hooks and were replaced with Sunbeam Specialties (SS) parts. However, the length of the hooks are too long. Luckily, there's enough material to cut & re-bend them:
seat hooks copy.jpg

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The seat back pattern needs correction too. (We/I send responses to the vendors, and mostly ignored. So I make corrections myself)
To get the seat hooks in their holes, you need leverage.
hook_puller copy.jpg

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Is that your home shop? Some nice equipment there. Are the seat covers from Sunbeam Specialties?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike,
Yes and yes. I needed a good workshop and so started the building planning about 35 years ago and buying up sheet metal shop equipment. These seats are about the 4th set of seats that I restored. Also, 4-5 Sunbeams completely restored too with two more cars to come.
Jan

Beuford

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow, your work is amazing! I'd love to get an estimate from you to do something similar to mine

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
These seats were missing all of the factory, seat diaphragm hooks and were replaced with Sunbeam Specialties (SS) parts. However, the length of the hooks are too long. Luckily, there's enough material to cut & re-bend them:
View attachment 31706
FYI, The longer hooks are same as the ones supplied to me by Martha Christiansen last year with my seat upholstery and diaphragms. She advised me that she does use the longer ones! I elected to use my original shorter ones as they were still in good shape and also on the advice of one of our fellow members. I do believe, it was jumpinjan that advised me!!!!!!!!!
Joey