• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fastening the convertible top SV

bing

Donation Time
I don't know why I have such difficulty fastening the toggles when I put the top up, which is only once a year due to the weather here. I have been at it for 15 minutes today and getting nowhere. Has anyone else had this problem?

bing

Donation Time
I don't know why I have such difficulty fastening the toggles when I put the top up, which is only once a year due to the weather here. I have been at it for 15 minutes today and getting nowhere. Has anyone else had this problem?
Well another 15 minutes and it's done. If it was raining I'd be soaked. Whoever designed this whole top set up must have been trippin in the 60's.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Find you an owners manual, it is covered fairly well. There is also a Utube demo on How to....

alpine_64

Donation Time
If the top is always stowed they do shrink.. And if you dont stretch them out a bit now and then or rest them in the sun they can be difficult.

If putting it up get it all set have the header rail on the tension rods and pushed forward. Stand next to the screen have your arm under the side rail the the car.. Then push down on the header rail from the top above the screen at the point of the clip...and operate the clasp with your other hand

bing

Donation Time
I have the manual, seen the video, fortunately it's a cloth top so no shrinkage, what I didn't know was the "lower receptacle" that accommodates the toggle clasp is very slightly adjustable, much less than the toggle clasp. Thank you all for your replies.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
When putting my top up, I almost always have to hit the header bar on top with the heal of my hand while the other hand actuates the toggle.