• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine weight

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Can anyone tell me how much an engine weighs? I need the weight of a long block (complete engine, oil pan, and head), but could work it out if I had just the short block. I could be wrong, but I don't think my wife would appreciate me putting an engine on our bathroom scale.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jim,
If you can wait, I purchased a 600lb crane scale (just for the same reason) and I should have it in about 2 weeks.
Jan

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jan. That will probably be soon enough for an exact weight, but I could use even a rough guess sooner.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Okay, how about 189lbs (wo/ flywheel, manifolds, water pump, front damper, oil pressure/filter block, distributor) for a 1600. I don't have a 1725 right here.
(Weighed on a 400lb cap. Pelouze platform scale)