• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

engine sensor

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
ok , i have a 74 must 2 2.8 v6 trying to finish engine. i have two holes in block dont know what attaches. one is in front top of engine to right of offy water neck, about 1/2 inch ,threaded.intake hangs over it.the second hole is forward of distributor hole and to the right. also willalternator off original 4 cylinder motor work, its rebuilt?

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi Roger,

I think what you are referring to is the bypass connection for a cooling hose. This is a necessary component to keep the water pump from cavitation and to allow water flow through the block when the thermostat is closed.

Can you post a photo of the connections you are referring to?

Rich

roger

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sensor

The hole is in the block to right and down from where bypass hose goes into offy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The largehole in the Offy at the back, is for a brake booster hose. If you aren´t using a booster, you can justplug it.

The hole in the front drivers side of Offy, os fo the water bypass hose and connects with the three pointed fitting that goes on the back dies of thermostast housing.

Jose

gordonra

Donation Time
For those of you who aren't dyslexic, back dies = back side.

Oops, Jose make me say backside. ;~)

Boy, one in every crowd! ☺

Roger,
I don't recall a hole where you describe in the block at the front under the offy. Jose and I are referring to the same connection for the bypass. The only other connection on that side should be for the oil pressure sender. This is only a 1/8 NPT pipe fitting just forward of the motor mount.

Rich