• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine photos series II

69boss

Donation Time
I am looking for any photos of a stock series II engine bay. I am looking for details to restore mine to original. Any interior shots of bone stock finished Alpines, 1961 Series II. Thanks
John

D

Dr.NO 007

Hi John
I have a few pictures of Series II engines in my Alpine file folder , but they are not necessarily considered in the finished catagory. more like a work in progress.
I will attach a few pics for your review.
Chuck
1962 Alpine Series II
project car.

Attachments

• chuck motor 62.JPG
    chuck motor 62.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 58
  • chuck motor 62-1.JPG
    chuck motor 62-1.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 53

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
The bonnet prop rod is in a different place. They're different cars best as I can tell... or did I miss something?

Ken

D

Dr.NO 007

Engine photos

:cool:Very astute Ken Ellis , you get full marks for your detective skills.
;)In Fact these pictures are from four different cars. I keep a file on everything I can get on Alpine photos and refer back to them when needed.:)
just trying to help 69boss with his request
Chuck

69boss

Donation Time
Thank you for the pics, i notice that the clutch master is plastic in one pic and appears to be a can like the brake master in another. I have the plastic type and it looks aftermarket, is it?

D

Dr.NO 007

clutch master, metal vs plastic

my car has metal clutch master and brake master is metal, but I am not sure if the factory changed to plastic at a later date.
My VIN # tells me that my car was built during the first week of January 1962
Maybe some of our "BEAM" masters can comment on your question.
Cheers:)
Chuck