• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine Paint Specs

howard

Donation Time
Maybe it's on this forum already and I've missed it, but I really need to know what the stock engine color was for a '64 Series IV 1592cc. My rebuilder needs to know and I'd like to go as close to stock as possible. Unless it was hot pink. Thanks!

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
How about the 1725 engines?

Looks like I will be painting the one a PO put in the SIV...

Were they black too, or did they change?

The ruined late SV motor in my basement has a shade of "gun metal looking" blue on it that looks factory. Matches the fan blade, fan blade pully, motor mount & etc from it...

Thanks.

Allan

Attachments

• SVBlue2.jpg
    SVBlue2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 25

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Its a grayish-blue. Yes, the late series V engines were painted that color. I have that color matched, by the way.
Just paint your engine gloss black. That would be correct. Not satin black. That's what American cars would use.
Jan