• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

engine mount replacement

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi all,
A "lazy" question, sorry, but I thought I'd ask before I try....
Do you think it is possible to change the engine mounts with the engine in-situ, ie will it move around enough to slip new ones in, with the 2 mounts undone and without removing things like the radiator and undoing all of the hoses etc? The old ones aren't too bad, but I have new ones ready to fit.
I have to remove the exhaust manifold anyway, in order to change the starter, so I though I might be able to fit some new mounts while I'm at it.
cheers
Dave

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I just put in new mounts on my 67 Alpine and I had no problems! I did have to remove my Altn. and disconnect the upper rad. hose but i think that each car may be a little different. Good luck:cool:

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
George, If you're removing the exhaust manifold anyway, they'd be a piece of cake to replace. I've done it by jacking the engine up from under the car. Shouldn't take more than a half hour, 45 minutes to do. YMMV!
Cheers!
Steve