• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine drain tab: Which adapter size??

ralphy75

Donation Time
Hi,

I don't have the adapter which mounts the drain tab to the engine (to remove cooling water from engine). Can someone tell me what size & thread the adapter has on each side? I have the drain tab, so I could ask it in a shop, but what size goes into the engine (hole under the inlet manifold).

Thanks for your feedback!

tom o

Donation Time
The hole in the block is british pipe thread. British pipe thread has a thread angle
of 55 degrees not the U.S. 60 degree. The thread taper might be different too, but am not sure. You need to find a british part to go in there. A us pipe thread will start but does not tighten right.

ralphy75

Donation Time
Hello Tom,

Thanks for being so helpful, but could you also tell me what diameter/size the engine hole has? Even the parts manual doesn't show the size (like 1/2 inch) I am aware of the BSP thread as it is an English car.

Thanks