• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Embassy Black Alpine - Interior Colour

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi,
My Alpine is a Series II and was painted black by the former owner. The car was originally blue and still has a black interior. I've given thought to changing the interior to red as I understand this was the colour used with black Alpines but would like to see a picture of one first. I've looked on the internet a few times but haven't been able to find either a photo or a brochure depiction of this colour combo.
Does anyone have a picture of this combo they could send me or post?
Also, did the red interior also include red carpet or did that stay black?
Thanks,
Alan

atallamcs

Donation Time
old brochures

The marketing material for the alpine does not show a black car but a white car with red interior. Carpets were black. Here is a picture.
Bill

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Thanks, Bill,
That helps a lot. It's interesting that they left the carpets black. The Rapier had red carpets with the red interior.
I wonder how many cars they made in black. I wish the previous owner had left it blue but the black has grown on me. I figure it's a whole lot cheaper to redo two seats and the door panels etc. than repaint the whole car. :)

Alan

The marketing material for the alpine does not show a black car but a white car with red interior. Carpets were black. Here is a picture.
Bill

beamS3

Donation Time
Bill

Sorry to Nit Pick -- but: in order to get it right: On early cars carpeting was on the side rails, and on the transmission hump, the floors were covered in Black rubber matting. Looking at your example; the red interior had red carpeting.

Bob

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Hi Bob,
On closer inspection I see that you're correct. I guess that means I'll have to get new carpet as well! :)
Thanks,
Alan

Bill

Sorry to Nit Pick -- but: in order to get it right: On early cars carpeting was on the side rails, and on the transmission hump, the floors were covered in Black rubber matting. Looking at your example; the red interior had red carpeting.

Bob