• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Electrical system

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Robert, is this standard used in new cars? The EZ Wiring kit is quite different and uses more colors.
Brown
Light Brown
Green
Light Green
Yellow
Red
White
Purple
Pink
Blue
Dark Blue
Light Blue
Gray
Orange
Tan
Very colorful. The Purple and Pink look especially nice when rolled up together.

Bill

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Forum,

It is probably more of a guide rather than a standard. I have seen in my job wire colours that are earth (green) and neutral (Black) colours in Australia used as active conductors from other countries. You need to be very careful and have full, up to date drawings. More so with AC voltages.

Regards, Robin.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Many American auto manufacturers are using White as grnd. also.
Color though is irrelevant.
Purpose and gauge are the real factors.
Proper amperage fuses are then the insurance.

There is absolutely Nothing wrong with the original wiring harness configuration, my Opinion is that if a person is replacing their harness, a more modern (as in seperately fused circuits) harness just makes more sense.
Of course for factory original this won't work, but how factory original is that fire extinguisher?
Just saying.

skywords

Donation Time
Robin
Nice job with the wires. Good proper crimps and combed bundles. I love it. My Series I driver is wired very simalar. My Series II has the stock loom. I will leave it that way for I want one car stock. But I know which car is more reliable and when a starter relay is needed NAPA is everywhere. My Quad 4 car that I am building will recieve a loom made from quality Tefzel wire. I have owned many Classic aircraft that were made in the 30,s 40's 50's. And leaving the old loom in those is insanity. I learned that lesson the hard way fumbling for fuses at night in bad weather with a flashlight in my teeth. I am going to go one step further with the Quad 4 car and install circuit breakers on a new instrument panel. After all this is the modified section. :)

Rick