• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Electric Fuel Pump and regulator

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Series V with Weber 32/36 carb. I need the brand and part number for a good pump and regulator. Have had Facet recommended. Local auto part store clerks are all tied to computer systems that require a car before a part can be found...sheesh. What works and is reliable? I will order on line. Thanks for any help!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I run a Carter with the 32/36 Weber. Had it for about 10 years. No problems.
It is more costly than a Facet or other rectangular off the shelf units that can normally be found at Autozone, Advance Auto, Napa, O Reilly, etc.

I got the Carter as it was recommended by Redline Weber when I bought the 32/36 Weber.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
That is what I needed and thanks for the thread, I searched but missed that one. The Carter 4070 seems to be the one, high vlume low pressure.

Did either of you use a relay or the kit sold by Jegs? Or just wire it straight in?
Many thanks!

hotrod

Donation Time
I think that this is the pump I am using. I shopped around and got it for around $75 if I remember correctly (and I may not, old age you know). It works good but be prepared for the noise. Its pretty LOUD.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I bought the Carter pump and it looks like it is set up for 3/8 fuel line, I am the stock line now and will replace. The 3/8 appears to be what the 6AN fittings on my new tank take. I am running this to a Weber 32/36 which I think has the 5/16 inlet. How do I step this down? Or can I get fittings to the pump that size it to 5/16? Am ordering new hose this week and want to make one purchase.

Thanks!