• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

EGAD...be careful

wipeout

Donation Time
Be careful what you pray for...

In the midst of a two year drought, Florida was drying up and water restrictions became draconian.

Now, and I don't know who has God's ear in this, people prayed for rain and it hasn't stopped in ten days...

The east coast is flooded and over here on the gulf coast we're pumping water OUT of our pools instead of filling them up.

Sheesh....this is the longest "top up" weather pattern I've ever seen in 20 years...

Wanna come visit?

:D

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I heard that they have had 28" of rain at the Cape since it started raining and will probably have to land the shuttle at the alternate strip.

Bill

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

We have the same problem here in Australia. In north eastern Australia (Queensland and New South Wales), they have had probably three major floods this year, while down in the southern states (namely Victoria where I live), we have had very little and our water catchments are suffering (some areas, catchments were down to 7% capacity) as well as the major bush fires we had a few months back. It certainly is an unusual time :( .

Regards, Robin.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
There are some shots of a flooded backstretch and infield at Daytona International Speedway. Here at my home rain gauge in NE Florida, I've had over 12 inches of rain during the past week. Also uncovered a few roof leaks.:(