• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ebay find.

Bebop5178

Donation Time
About 2 1/2 years ago I bought a 61 Alpine on ebay. How do I go about to track its history? I have no original title or any history other than what I have done to the car.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Click on the "SAOCA Info" above and go to "Registry" and look for your cars Viin.

It may be listed with the last known owner.

DanR

P.S. The Registry is in two setions: Add or View you can add your car by folowing the instructions or go to the View section and look up your VIIN to see if it is presently listed.

Bebop5178

Donation Time
well I called the guy I bought the car from when I looked through my papers and found the number. he wouldn't give me his full name or the guy he got it from. got locations though. also found out the guy I bought it from who he got it from had passed away so that lead is gone. I put my car in the databank though on this site. where should I look next to find info on my car?

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm a bit puzzled about "...looked thru my papers..." Did you not get a title with the car? The title should have the VIN #. Is it not signed by the seller wiuth his full name? In Ohio we have to transfer titles to take ownership of a car, taking the previous title, signed by the seller, to a title registration office. Only with a current title, in the name of the current owner, can we get licensed. Not so in TX??

Also you should see the VIN number stamped on the metal label on the scuttle - under the hood, to the driver's right of the hood latch. You should verify that it matches your title ( or "papers" ). Also look at the number stamped on the flat, sloped surface on the engine block just above the fuel pump. If it's the original engine , it will match the VIN number. That will tell you a little about the history of the car. Not much else can be found about its history here, unless it was already on the registry.

But this is a great place for info on restoring the car and getting it running

Tom

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Bebop5178,

I'm in the Dallas area (Plano) and there are some other Sunbeam folks in the area as well. What part of Dallas are located? I'm far from an expert, but I do know a little bit if you want me to look at your car.

Keep cool this summer!

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm a bit puzzled about "...looked thru my papers..." Did you not get a title with the car? The title should have the VIN #. Is it not signed by the seller wiuth his full name? In Ohio we have to transfer titles to take ownership of a car, taking the previous title, signed by the seller, to a title registration office. Only with a current title, in the name of the current owner, can we get licensed. Not so in TX??

But this is a great place for info on restoring the car and getting it running

Tom

Tom,
In Texas you can buy a car without a title. Cost more to register with 'lost' title and helps to have receipt with VIN#. Also helps if it's a 50ish year old car versus a 2013 Jaguar with a 'lost' title. I got my car from a guy in Kansas and he didn't have a title, but I had him give me a signed receipt marked paid in full. Since it didn't run I didn't register it. Will let you know how it goes when I finally do. ;) I've researched it though.

Take it easy,