• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Door Limiting Strap

woodybap

Silver Level Sponsor
Looking for some suggestions on replacing the LH door limiting strap on an S1. I followed the threads on the forum and was able to remove the pin on the frame side but cannot figure out how to remove the old worn strap from the door. Have a new one from SS. Is there a trick to the R&R?

65beam

Donation Time
Pull it out from inside the door. There is a clip and you have to depress the two tabs on the outside to pull the clip thru the door .

woodybap

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks. Have been trying that without success as yet. It is hard to reach the tabs through the opening and hold them depressed as I pull it back into the door. Knowing I am using the right technique helps. I likely just need to try harder.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
We put a video up on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel about replacing the catch wires for the door check as these seem to break quite regularly but are relatively easy to fix.

Tim R

woodybap

Silver Level Sponsor
Drop a small screw through where the pin was and close the door a little bit. It will pop right off the catches inside of the door.
Bingo! Easy peazy with the right technique. Thanks. Now on to some electrical issues.