• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Do you know whomakes this air intake ?

beijing_ken

Donation Time
Hi All,

I was looking through the internet at V6 Sunbeams and i came across these photos of a "barn find" and wanted to know if anyone knows who makes this air intake system - it looks pretty cool !

Thanks.

Attachments

• V6-Power.jpg
    V6-Power.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 1962-Sunbeam-Alger.jpg
    1962-Sunbeam-Alger.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 134

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
John, this is the Car i just purchased
I will send you the pdf

Bruce

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Now for the rest of the story....

Ken, My friend Imperialist1960 built the Series II V6 of which you reference the breather.

Bruce, the new owner just responded and offered to send you a PDF "Documentation on the Series II V6 Project Kenyon built.

He was instrumental in creating the documentation, shared with me and I have updated it some what for an application more applicable to all Series where the owner may want to Convert using Components I designed for the Alpine to V6.

That "Documentation" is now scattered broadly because of the many potential buyers (or tire kickers) wanting to see the "Series II V6 For Sale"...that I sent it to.

Anyone wanting a copy, just provide your E-mail. I'm sure Bruce will be glad likewise:D

Sure wish something like this was available when I started.

Last edited:

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Intake air cleaner

Check with Vintage In-lines which is the old Classic In-lines supplier. When Mustang 6 cylinder guys install a 2 barrel carb they have hood clearance problems. This solves those. The Ford/Autolite 2 barrel has the same intake diameter as a 4 barrel. Good luck.

sd_pace

Donation Time
think I remember that Mike Thompson had one on his yellow v6 it was from a Datsun 260 or something like that

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Double

A double hose one came on a Tiger I bought. The car had the hoses up against the horn holes for cold air . It's a spare now.

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Warren,
That sounds about right for a hot V8.
The air capacity for the 4 bbl carb and the air feed system both exceed the air needs of the V6, so I just "pointed" the filter at the right side of the grille.

:rolleyes:

Alfred Pine

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm considering this same intake for my my car. Are there any fitment issues? I noticed that Ken's build pictures didn't show the bay braces installed and I can't tell if there was any modifying of the inner wheel well to fit that filter.

Thanks guys

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is a very nice intake that is on SD Pace's SV 2.8 V6.... works too:)
6877-6b3823eaf84bd85b88faa0a5e701cc40.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, From your picture it looks as if you don't have a fan blade? If not, what electric fan are you running?

And I like the radiator overflow tank you have stuffed in there as well:)

Very nice and neat engine compartment....

Alfred Pine

Silver Level Sponsor
View attachment 10110 I have this Spectre intake on my Alpine. Seems to work well. Lots of clearance.

Mike

Wow, looks great Mike...thanks for chiming in. Did it come with the smaller intake tube...as opposed to the one Ken had on his?

I second the question from Dan. I may ditch the volvo fan for electric.

Makes me wish I was ready to do the cam, intake and carb now....Next season I hope.