• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

dimensions (or part no.) for fuel pump bowl gasket

hopsedge

Platinum Level Sponsor
Greetings All-

A few weeks ago I removed the glass bowl from my stock fuel pump ('67 SV) to check something (not worth getting into here). Since then I have leaked gasoline at the base of the bowl. I have tried reseating the bowl on the same gasket twice, and it's not stopping the leak. So, I want to change the gasket itself.

Does anyone have a source/part no. for this gasket or its dimensions with which I might search for one at my local parts store? I really do not need to spend >$20 + shipping on a fuel pump repair kit, when all I want/need is a gasket. I don't see only the gasket for sale from the usual Alpine parts suppliers. I also don't want to remove the bowl to access the old gasket and only then start searching for its replacement, lest the wife complain (even more) about the gas smell in the garage. Thx everyone.

hopsedge

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just did this on the weekend
2 1/4" OD 2 "ID
about 3/32 thick

Thanks, Paul. That's good info. It's surprising to me how difficult these gaskets seem to be to find. I found a gasket on EnglishParts (#11950), but it is 54.5 mm o.d., which is nearly 1/10th smaller in diameter than your 2 1/4". That #11950 gasket is described as fitting '61-'71 Jaguar E-types, but EP does not sell parts for Sunbeam. I don't know which other British makes used the same fuel pump as Rootes/Sunbeam, so I am shopping a little blindly. NAPA sell gaskets made by SpeeCo, which seems mostly to make parts for tractors, but it's really hard to find dimensions for these stupid things. I stumbled across one (#BK 7309510) that is 2 1/8" o.d., but that's about it so far. It shouldn't be this hard...