• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Correct Heater core

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I am in the process of assembling my Series I.

Tonight I plumbed in my heater core. When I tried to put the lid (hood latch holder) it didn't want to fit down tight. Sits up about 1/4". There are some little leg like things on the lid. I'm thinking I need to cut those off. Anyone hone photos of the lid underside so I can see what it should look like.

This lid has never been on the car with this heater core. We're there different sized cores?

Thanks.

Alpine61**@**comcast.net.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rob, i thought all the heater cores and the hood latch panesl were interchangeable. The cores bulge at the sides if they have been over pressureised, but that doesn't affect height, makes them a tight fit to insert...

seesm an odd issue, do you have the rubber trough under the core? Perhaps the flap on that is twisted and making it sit up?

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
No I don't have a rubber trough under it. That would make it sit higher.
Yikes.
Anyone have a picture of the bottom of the panel?

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Heater Core Rubber Trough

S-III was the first year using the rubber trough. It does not go below the heater core, it goes along side the heater core. This change was supposed to capture rain water sucked through the fan toward the heater core. Hence the drain tube with the famous "duck bill" device to allow water to exit without water or dust entering the other way.