• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Columbia Show announcement

65beam

Donation Time
show

FYI,
the Wingate is listed by the british club as the host hotel for the show but they have not been contacted by anyone concerning special rates, etc for rooms. is anyone local setting up a gathering for alpines? it's 11 weeks away.

dmich2

Donation Time
Columbia resident Todd Smith indicated he was going to check on the Wingate for SAOCA and SCAT members. If it's the host hotel of the local club this place will be crowded !!!!!!!

Dennis

65beam

Donation Time
show

this wingate is a good hotel to work with. we already had reservations and I checked with them and anyone who has advance reservations for this period will get their room rate adjusted to whatever rate todd secures. all I can say is I hope he orders warm, dry weather. remember to also throw in a car cover to catch the tree pollen.

dmich2

Donation Time
Made mine early this morning and as stated, they will honor any group rate as they had no info on a British show and they being the host hotel...at least the person I talked to didn't. And thanks for the pollen reminder. I recall the first time I experienced it I was driving in on I-20 West heading to Columbia and I thought there was a forest fire across the highway in a distance....It looked like heavy smoke. **cough**cough**:eek:

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sunbeam SOS-Columbia, South Carolina, April 1+2

This year we will be hosting our 10th annual Sunbeam event-the SOS, GOF, BASH - whatever you want to call it. We will gather on the weekend of April 2nd. That Saturday is the day of the British car show which is held in conjunction with the Tartan Day South Festival. I have blocked a group of rooms at The Wingate Inn, 108 Saluda Pointe Court, Lexington, SC 29072. Their phone number is (803)957-5000. When you call to make your reservations, make sure you use the word SUNBEAM to get in our discounted block of rooms. The room rate is $94.00 for Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night.
We will have our parts room set up again so please bring parts!!! I am coordinating some other fun things for us to do as a group this year so please mark your calendars and attend this 2016 show season kick-off event! Here is a link to our local club's website which has all of the car show and registration links http://www.bccmc.com/CBC-X.html Check out the Rambling of the Tartans Rally Drive link-on Friday- we will be doing a drive around Lake Murray and end up at the car show grounds for a welcome reception and to pick up your car registration and goodie bags for those that pre-registered. There are lots of new events planned to make this a special weekend for all Sunbeam and British car owners!
Please spread the word and let's make this a memorable event.
Todd and Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
The date is creeping up, just a month to go.
Great show, good folks, a good time will be had.
Come join us !
Tom j

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all those who have registered. Early registration ends on March 18th-after that the price goes up and you won't get a free T shirt for registering early! See y'all soon. Eric

dmich2

Donation Time
Naw. Just knee high wool socks, which I didn't have 30 minutes before we took this picture.....thank God a vendor was selling them.

Dennis