• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Columbia, SC, April 5th, 2014 SOS

dmich2

Donation Time
Todd , Eric and all. I'm starting a new post to garner any more details about the show you guys organize each year in Columbia at the speedway. I think I've been to the last 2 or 3 and its always a great drive and show. I was wondering if you have any more details like, hotel, tech sessions, road trips, eating places, kilts :eek: etc?

The venue with Tartan South is wonderful. I'd like to see us "Invade" the show once again with even more Sunbeams.

Looking forward to the show. Marked my calendar. Should this post be moved to the "General SAOCA Discussion" section for more exposure?

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Guys,

Eric and I have started the planning and will be releasing something very shortly as to the agenda. We will probably use the same hotel, Wingate Inn in Lexington, SC. as the host motel. I would love to have feedback from those of you that stayed there last year. A very tentative and subject to change schedule might look like this:

Friday
Check in 12:00 - 7:00 pm
Dinner at Hudson's BBQ 7:00 pm - 8:30 PM
Hospitality room 8:30 till you get tired

Saturday
Car Show 8:30a.m. - 3:00 PM
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM Hospitality room
6:00 until Cookout at Todd's house (possible tech session in garage)

Sunday
Breakfast
Head home

Eric and I would love to hear from you and get some suggestions on what you want.

Cheers,

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Something I forgot to mention was this is NOT an INVASION and sponsored by SAOCA so there will not be a banquet and separate awards. But along with that there will not be that extra expense to pass on to the attendees. This is just our yearly SOS gathering of Sunbeam friends. We are hoping to have plenty of cars and friends back with us.

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks George for posting the link to the British car show that will be on Saturday April 5th.
http://www.bccmc.com/CBC-VIII.html
At this site you will find links to the Tartan Fest as well as the registration form and info about the British car show that will be held there. Please register as soon as possible to make planning easier and also because if you register before March 5th you will get a free T-shirt as well as a lower registration fee.
Todd and I are looking forward to seeing all the Sunbeams in the SE come for a fun weekend again! Eric

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks Todd and Eric. I enjoy the Wingate. Nice rooms, good location. I realize it's not an Invasion and sorry if I implied that.

Looking forward to this gathering and a cookout at your place!!!!! BTW, I sent an invite to the British Club I belong to here in Wilmington to see if I can garner up some more participation.

Keep us posted.

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dennis, You heard George I hope! Don't forget your KILT! Thanks for the input on The Wingate.

Cheers,

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Wingate has proven to be a nice place to stay; right now a road trip is nice to look forward to.

dmich2

Donation Time
Sent my registration today. Hope we get as big of a showing of Sunbeams this year as last. Looking forward to it. Especially Todd's cook out!!!!!
I'll be glad to contribute.

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Early registration ends soon! Latest update

Come and join us at the 8th annual Carolina British Classics Car Show on Saturday April 5th, 2014. Registration for the show this year is $30 before March 5th and $35 after. There is no additional charge for passengers and early registration gets you a free event shirt. The show this year celebrates the Jaguar. Again we will be merging our event with the popular Tartan Day South Festival at the Columbia Speedway which is a historic vintage track from the early days of NASCAR racing. There will be lots of interesting and entertaining diversions throughout the day and a variety of merchandise and food vendors. A portion of the proceeds will benefit two charities this year: Wounded Warriors and Hidden Wounds.

The show's web page and registration info is at http://www.bccmc.com/CBC-VIII.html

Last year we had 36 Sunbeams at the show-come join us! There is lots of parking space for car trailers at the show as well.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Keep those registrations coming in! So far it is all Alpines and one 58 Rapier. Where are those Tigers? All Sunbeams Welcome!!!