• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch won't disengage

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
You do have the slave cylinder mounted on the correct side of the flange?
Believe so. I was pumping the pedal, and my mechanic was observing the lever arm movement, and felt it was adequate. Not home right now to check, but that would be one of the few things I could remedy without pulling everything!

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
The travel of the piston is not affected by misplacement, so it is traveling the correct distance out of the slave cylinder. But if it's mounted on the forward side of the mount it won't have enough travel to disengage the clutch. Hope this helps. It has been done by the best of us I'm sure.
Jeff