• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch Slave rod

W2 & Lora

Donation Time
Is the length of the actuator rod in the clutch slave cylinder the same for all models? I know the throw out bearing arms are a bit different. I am installing an OD transmission and the rod that came with it is rather corroded, so I'd like to use the one from the 4 speed. (The car has a 1725 set up.)

Thanks,
W2

gary1725

Donation Time
I stand to be corrected but - the clutch throw out rod has nothing to do with OD vs Non OD - it has to do with the flywheel/clutch set up you were using regardless of 1725 or 1600 - so basically I would use whatever you were using before and it will bolt right up... there are differences between stock 1600 clutch and 1725 clutch but if you used the 1600 flywheel/clutch on a 1725 engine then that set up will still work regardless of which year OD gearbox you use - just use the same pedestal and release arm you are using today (be it stocl 1725 or 1600) and life will be good!