• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch Master cylinder

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Looking for a serviceable Clutch Master 5/8 Lockheed to put into the Series V, Or one that I can rent for a few weeks while I get mine sleeved, Any suggestions of a place to do that ? The Brit parts house locally recommended White Post And I've heard good things about them on this forum, I've not checked their lead time. I'd like to get the car running so it can be taken to get the O D installed (along with all the other while you got it apart stuff) but I've got a 3 hour drive to get it there, and of course a clutch is very helpful. I'm also looking for the flat washer(brass and very thin) that goes between the main cup and the piston in the cylinder since it doesn't come with the rebuild kits(why not ?) .
thanks for any advise and or comments

Tom j

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Tom,
I have the stock version from the parts car. You are welcome to use it if it works. I have it boxed somewhere as a future spare. Don't know the condition but it's intact (I think).
If interested let me know and I'll dig it out, send a pic. Air-pine's was a Japanese dual master that did not work and I found a new one somewhere, don't recall where.
Will be out mostly this evening back about eleven.
Allan

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Two cents worth! White Post is the better resleever a little pricey but I have used them for about 15 years for my Tiger and Alpine reworks. I used Apple once and it was not a good experiance.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey George, Thanks that's who I'm using. Saw the pictures of your series V, looks great ! How was the Brits and Battleships show ? Haven't heard much feed back about it. On your push down antenna did you make the hole in the support(underneath the fender) larger ? If so what did you use ?
Thanks, Tom j

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The show was great we had 127 cars I think. I drilled into the inner fender brace to fit the antenna, I used an extention on a 7/8 drill bit I think it was 7/8!