• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clutch, Brake & Gas Peddle Removal

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I need to move the peddles from one junk car to my current project that came without any.

It looks to me like the brackets that hold everything are welded in. Is that correct. I have seen peddles on ebay, what is the best way to get them I. I was thinking Torch.

Any good ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Wombat

Donation Time
There should be one bolt on the firewall above each master cylinder. I am told these hold the pedal pivots in.

65beam

Donation Time
pedal removal

the clutch and brake pedals are bolted to the firewall.the top bolts are on the wedge shaped stiffener running across the firewall.the one for the brake is next to the brace running to the fender the other is about six inches toward the fender. the bottom bolt for the brake is the top bolt for the brake master, the bottom for the clutch pedal is the top clutch master bolt. looking at the gas pedal from inside the car you will see that there is a rod with a cotter pin at the firewall.pull the pin and loosen the bolt holding the linkage going thru the firewall.remove the linkage going thru the firewall and pull the pin out.the gas pedal is now out.

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
65Beam,
Thanks I really didn't want to cut it out. I knew there had to be some way but I wasn't seeing it. Now I do.

Thanks again.