• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cigarette lighter

SRQJeff

Bronze Level Sponsor
My SV has had a hole in the dash for a cigarette lighter all this time, but I've never had one. Does anyone know where I can get one that matches the windshield squirter? I don't actually want to use it, but it would look better if I had something plugged in.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
There are some aftermarket lighters that are similar to the original, but not exactly the same. Photo is the original type lighter.

Attachments

• Lighter.jpg
    Lighter.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35

Jim in PA

Donation Time
Cigar lighter

A couple of years ago I bought a "Cigar" lighter, as they are called on British vehicles, on eBay. There was a thread here discussing where and what to look for.
I looked on UK eBay and found the exact type listed for a Jaguar car from the 60's or early 70's.
The one I found is exactly like the one pictured in Gary T's post.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, you're right, Jim. The one Gary posted is indeed the 'real Mccoy'. It was used in Jaguar cars as well as a few high-end sedans (Aston, Rolls, Bentley, etc.).