• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

carpet yardage

napa 1

Donation Time
posting this question here, as well as the Harrington forum. thanks....

Hi All. Just trying to figure out what I will need in total yardage/meters to carpet the Le Mans. I've found a mill in UK that seems to have a very nice wool 80/20 cut pile carpet in the classic scarlet color. Ready to order it, but wondering if anyone has a figure on how much I would need to order to do a complete carpet install.

thanks

65beam

Donation Time
carpet

i bought two carpet sets from sunbeam specialties. one black for the red car and scarlet for the other. rick had it made out of the original color carpet that was used in the lemans. i bought an extra 12 yards of the scarlet which gave me enough to make a set for the 69GT. if you buy a ready made set, all you need is the carpet for the hatch area. the carpet is the the same as a regular series 2 except for the hatch area. rick can supply that out of the same roll of carpet. he buys the rolls from a source in the U.K. both of my cars originally had tufted pile carpet in them. they were not wool. not sure how many yards it takes, but make sure you buy the carpet wide enough to fit the hatch area. there are different widths. if you don't you may find yourself having the knapp going two different ways. if i remember right it takes close to two yards for the hatch floor. you might contact rick to see how much it taks for a regular set.