• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carb settings

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Good morning guys. After 4 years, I finally got to start up my S1. Got the timing set, but after going through the WSM, I can find no Starting point for setting the idle air screws. Most carbs would have a starting point like 1 1/2 turns out from closed or something similar. I found nothing in the manual. Can anyone help with a starting point? Will also have to find out why it's not charging, but that's for later. Thanks for any help, Dave

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dave,

Here is the link to the forums copy of the sII owners manual. The section on tuning the Zenith downdraft carbs starts on page 34 of the booklet - or pages 19 and 20 of the PDF copy.

This should help you get started but keep in mind the information may not be a complete match for your carbs due to differences between sI and sII.

Hope this helps,