• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Car nuts, Can you name this one?

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Can you name this car?

Ok here is the contest,

Name this car.

Paul

Nick see if you can name the airplane in the photo in the background.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I thought is was a Cisitalia when I first saw the photo but I don't think it is.
Maybe a Panhard, Tatra or a DKW?? How about a hint-where was the photo taken?
Eric

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
The car is a 1958 Mikasa

The aircraft is a 1953 N-52 both made by the same company here in Japan. From what I have found out the company was industrial after the war, Cars and Aircraft with table ware.
They later dropped the industrail side and are now one of the finest in the world dinner ware companies. So far I have been unable to find detail on the web. What I have read was in the Mikasa store here in Osaka in their display window.
Below ia a later version of the car, 1957 convertable.

Paul

skywords

Donation Time
I never would have guessed. Looks to be some Italian influence in the design. The Japanese built some beautiful machines and still do.

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
As you can see, most of the writing on plaques by the photos are in Japinese which I do not read, What info I have stated here is from a sales lady in the Mikasa store here in Osaka. She spoke very broken English and I could have missed something in the translation.
It sounds like the store owner is related to the founder and that is where the car and photos come from.

Paul