• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

calendars

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Tom should be replying soon. Last email conversation was soon.

Members, remember that when we are slow to respond requests for entries, the calendar gets pushed back. Tom puts a lot of time assembling it, then ordering it. I'm hoping our new vp is better organized that the last one.

Last edited:

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Plans don't always work out, I've had a catastrophic computer malfunction on the programs I use for thank you letters and other club activities, so I've decided to send the mailings without a thank you, we can post one on the web site.
All items will be posted by Friday.
Thank you for your patience,
Tom j

dmich2

Donation Time
My calendar arrived today. Good job Tom!!! They look very nice.

Keep up the good work.

Dennis

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
calendar???

No sign of a calendar here on the east coast. What's up ? I just can't figure out what day it is !!!!!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Junkman, I did not get one either!!! Until I figured out that my dues had not been paid for the current year period/time frame.

It has been a sore subject with some of the prior Membership Directors (MD) because of various reasons. Some of which this "New Crop-of-SAOCA-Officers are attempting to iron out.

Tom J (prior MD) worked diligently to resolve a solution, Now Greggers (our New MD) has made some very worth while suggestions that will most likely be put into effect soon.

In the mean time your dues date might fall out side of the time frame like mine did. My Dues were paid last Feb 2015. I did not get mine until I renewed on this Feb 15th 2016.

I believe our new Pres Nick Series6 will address this very soon.

How and when did you last submit your dues and at what level?

In the mean time I'll try to get you and answer. Send me a PMor an E-mail if you wish.

AS the current (New) Treasurer I will go through all my receipts "again" to see where you stand.

DanR

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
how do you order a calendar

You get one free for being a Gold, Platinum or Diamond donor. If I recall, your silver donation just came in a few weeks ago.

The club just about breaks even on calendars at $15, but since you've already donated $10, if you PayPal $15 to the club's account, I can send you a calendar right away. We'll even throw in the prestigious Gold donor avatar!

The club's PayPal username is:
saoca // @ // sunbeamalpine.org (minus all the extra slashes).

Last edited:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I still show up as a Platinum Member, but suspect my membership may have lapsed. As I recall, there was talk about setting up a reminder system and/or automatic updating of the status. Were these addressed? If not, is there a way to check actual status, short of asking (which I suppose I am doing now)?

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
With the current site, there's no way to have automatic reminders and all that. We're working feverishly to move to a new site structure that makes all that possible. I'm hesitant to go in and manually change all the lapsed members to the Donation Time avatar, because there are about 300 members who fall into that category, and I'm afraid of what that much change would do to the ailing database. So for now, the only way to tell is by asking me.

Your anniversary was last Monday. Happy anniversary.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim, I am sure hoping it will be well functional with a lot of bells and whistles in less time than that.

Reading past Officers comments reveals this has been a problem for a good number of years.

It is a PRIORITY FOR THIS GROUP OF OFFICERS!

DanR

john.hemsath

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mailing List for calendars?

Officers and gentlemen,
I joined SAOCA as a Platinum member at the end of June 2015 and received the membership packet which included a 2015 calendar. I see by this string others have received the 2016 calendar and I'm hopeful I'm somewhere on the mailing list to receive one as well. I was advised I'd receive the new calendars when they came out as long as I renewed my membership when it came due.

That is my intention as I have discovered many tips in the forum that have helped this "novice" Alpine owner. Currently my gas tanks are being sand blasted then covered with a baked on coating. I can't wait to be back on the open road here in NorCal as the weather is fantastic right now for Sunday morning drives/brunch.

Best regards,
john.hemsath

1fineAlpine

Gold Level Sponsor
Hmmm

Hello, I was also wondering where the calendars were this year. Last year I got an email that my payment was being processed automatically so I figured this year it woul be the same. My dues are due this month, so maybe I just need to go pay it on my own. My boss gets pretty jealous of the calendars because he's a huge Alpine/Tiger fan as well, so I've got to get my new one :D

Thanks!
-Kyle

Update: I just went ahead and renewed.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Kyle, If you paid thru PayPal our Membership Director "Greggers" will be in contact.

If you sent a check to The SAOCA Treasurer, that's me (123 Richardson Dr Greenwood, SC 29649) It will be a bit longer due the the USPS time frame.

DanR

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was so surprised when I received the calendar and saw the February picture! :) Great job as always.

Thanks,
Mike